Deadline: February 14, 2020
5th Annual School Mental Health Summit – June 17, 2020
The Coalition for Expanding School-Based Mental Health in Wisconsin will be hosting our 5th Annual Growing School Mental Health Summit this summer on June 17, 2020 in Wisconsin Dells. Join with the more than 400 stakeholders from around the state from all facets of school and mental health services as we come together for one day to learn and share best practices in creating comprehensive, sustainable, school-based mental health systems.
We are currently seeking workshop proposals for breakout sessions running 1.25 hours in length.
Topics of interest include:
- Mindfulness and Coping Strategies (movement techniques, calming tools/apps, healthy food and sleep, etc.)
- Self-Care/Compassion Resilience (strategies for emotional regulation; healthy habits; collaboration and team support, etc.)
- Implementation (billing/funding; referral pathways; SMH navigation, etc.)
- Equity & Inclusion (culturally responsive practice, LGBTQ focus, family engagement, etc.)
Workshop proposals will be evaluated by considering:
- demand for the topic
- previous history of topic at the Summit
- previous evaluation feedback (where applicable)
- demonstration of diverse perspective
- new information and best practice
- incorporation of lived experience
Submission Deadline: Please use this form to propose a workshop. We ask that you submit your proposal by February 14, 2020
Questions? Questions may be directed to: email@example.com .
Selected workshops will be notified the week of February 24, 2020.
Compensation for workshop presenters is up to two complimentary conference registrations and a $100 stipend to offset travel costs. If the workshop includes an individual with lived experience, additional complimentary conference registration and stipend support will be made available for the selected workshop.