Families, schools, and communities play critical roles in …(introductory paragraph for everyone looking for school mental health resources)
Websites & Clearinghouse
- Center for School-Based Mental Health – Maryland (CSBMH Website) This website provides user -friendly resources and information for diverse stakeholders interested in advancing school mental health within their own school, community, city, state, or nation.
- Center for Mental Health in Schools & Student/Learning Supports (UCLA School Mental Health Site) The School Mental Health Project (SMHP) was created in 1986 to pursue theory, research, practice and training related to addressing mental health and psychosocial concerns through school-based interventions.
- UW Extension (UW Extension Home) Use the search function on this site to locate school-based mental health services throughout the state of Wisconsin.
- Center for School Based Mental Health – Maryland (Join the ListServ) The CSMH Center has a listserv that functions as a primary means of communication and information sharing. The listserv provides recipients with links to key documents developed by the CSMH and others, announcements about conferences and webinars, updates on new initiatives and policies, highlights from academic journals, current events, and news articles, updates from the National Community of Practice, and other important information related to policy, research, and best practice in school mental health. To join the listserv, please send a blank email to the email@example.com. In the subject line, write: subscribe CSMH (your email address) (your last name) (your first name).
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services (WI DHS Website on Trauma Informed Care) The Department of Health Services is committed to supporting the understanding and application of trauma-informed care in Wisconsin. Go here for a list of helpful resources for consumers and service providers.
- Wisconsin Office of Children’s Mental Health (Mental Health Services in Schools Fact Sheet) This highly informative 2-page fact sheet from the 2017 Wisconsin Office of Children’s Mental Health Annual Report provides an summary of prevalence, incidence and school-based services in the state of Wisconsin. The data represented in this fact sheet draws from a variety of sources including WI Department of Public Instruction and the WI Department of Health services.
- NAMI (Learn More Fact Sheet) Millions of Americans are affected by mental health conditions every year. Here are some fact sheets and infographics about the prevalence and impact of mental illness. NAMI’s fact sheets offer clear, concise information on mental health topics. A few ways to use them include sharing them with a loved one, bringing them to an appointment, or handing them out at health fairs. Downloadable PDF’s.