- This event has passed.
(Part 1 of 2) Teletherapy: Best Practices for Student Success
April 12 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm CDT
Please join us for a FREE two-day webinar (total of 4 NBCC Certified credits) offered by Mental Health Technology Transfer Center (MHTTC). Following the webinar, individuals or teams are welcome to participate in consultation with MHTTC on the first Tuesday of every month at 12:00 pm: May 4, June 1, July 6, and August 2, 2021. View Part Two April 13th Event (fresh content will be discussed).
Presented by: Lisa Anderson, LPC, CSW
Workshop Description: The pandemic has required that we all shift quickly to telehealth to support the mental health of our students and families. In the shuffle, attention to best practice and engagement hasn’t been easy! This training will cover not only the legal requirements for telehealth and how to maintain confidentiality, but also how to set up a space for telehealth, how to improve engagement with clients of all ages using technology, and tips on how to approach some of the more sensitive topics facing our students (like abuse and suicidality). By the end of this training, you will feel confident in your ability to use telehealth and have tools to engage with students and families effectively.
Understand HIPAA requirements, Informed Consent, and documentation/paperwork for telehealth
- Identify the positive benefits and potential challenges associated with telehealth and how to address challenges
- Understand the best environment for telehealth sessions with students
- Learn how to enhance student / family engagement for telehealth sessions
- Consider modifications for audio-only services with students and families
- Build skills to approach especially sensitive topics (abuse, suicidality) in a virtual setting
- Learn about the impacts of telehealth on providers and strategies for self-care and well-being
- Training: April 12 and 13, 2021 (two hours each day—12:00-2:00pm) *Eligible for 4 CE Credits for attendance both days (NBCC Certified). Partial credits apply for those who do not attend in full.
- Consultation: May 4, June 1, July 6, and August 2, 2021 (first Tuesday of every month at 12:00pm) *Consultation hours do not count for credit.